Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pew Pew!


So yesterday was my little brothers sixth birthday! I spent quite a bit thinking of what to get him. My family had already celebrated his birthday with him, last Friday, because my grandma was in town, and my mom left for New York the day after.

He got a couple iron man action figures, Split/Second a ps3 racing game(which he's quite good at,) and some other random stuff. I had no idea what to get this kid, until we had a Nerf fight a couple days ago, and I realized half of his Nerf guns were a failure and quite weak. So I went to the Nerf website.


I saw several cool ones, like the sniper rifle that shoots 35 feet..But one truly caught my eye.

The Nerf N-Strike Vulcan. I thought, I must have this beast, not only for Cameron, but for myself! So I ordered it in a heartbeat, and waited anxiously for it in the mail. It came Thursday, and I went with Alyson to Target, and we picked up an extra belt, and the 6 D batteries it required.

...I had to test it when I got home. It was just calling my name to unload havoc upon the world, while my little brother was asleep.

It has two firing modes, single shot, and rapid fire. Single shot is much like other Nerf guns, requiring only to be cocked, and then pull the trigger to unleash one Nerf dart flying at your target. However, rapid fire, is like raining down a flurry of hell down on your opponents as they scramble to not be shot. It shoots three darts a second, and holds 25 in a clip.

I've heard that you can modify this, to hold more, to shoot faster, and to be all together more epic.


If you're into Nerf and what not, this gun is amazing.

36 comments:

  1. Holy hell. That is possibly the coolest toy I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woulda stroked out if i got that as a kid

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my little brother's birthday yesterday too! Except he was turning eighteen.

    My even younger brother has a gun like that.. It's a nerf rifle and comes with all these bullet cartridges and a detachable pistol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i w a n t t h a t CANDLES PICTURE!!! It's sooo cool! And about the interview basically you can shoot me an email with your info and I'll give ya a call and interview you..thank you and post it there as a SPECIAL Interview (just lemme know what a good time to call is.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nerf guns were so much simpler when I was a kid. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Gaston, well I would, but I can't seem to find your email anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your never too old for Nerf stuff! This gun is way cooler than anything I ever had though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That gun looks so cool, your brother must be happy for that gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I was younger, and your little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol nerf machine gun. Do nefs hurt though. Because they look like massive needles

    ReplyDelete
  11. The N-Strike Vulcan, a champion among Nerf Guns.

    One of my friends has one of these bad boys and they're ridiculously fun to mess around with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @fwission, naw, theyre just foam, the black tip is a whistle rubber thing, it whistles as it flies by you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, nerf guns are so great, I saw some cool warhamer 40k mods of existing guns too. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. God where were those nerf guns when I was a kid?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Between a vulcan and a raider, I'd choose a vulcan any day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i woulda love those when i was a kid ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  17. What the heck happened to the Nerf guns that I remember? These look kinda dangerous... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thats a great present, it is beast. happy birthday to your little brother

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday to your brother

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that was the gun that killed Osama! haha congrats to your bro.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This nerf gun is awsome i want one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS3 games at six? I was still rockin' the NES. haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha, the toy rifle is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything ready for a deathmatch battle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. NERFWAR ! Always wanted a nerf gun ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. what an awesome gift. happy birthday to your lil bro.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wish you were my brother for my sixth birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is a great gun, got one myself and added needles to the end and shot shooken pop cans... so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lol, oh man that is awesome. I gotta get one of those for my nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This gun is the ish, best Christmas present I've ever gotten someone. It's difficult to run out of things to do with this. It's not that expensive either.
    Flawless victory

    ReplyDelete